💬 Join us to post & get advice from 50,000 HOA & Condo leaders.

Create Free Account →

⚡ Takes 30 seconds

Already a member? Log in

SusanO3 (California)
Posts: 168
Posted:
95 townhomes, northern CA. Reserve study says underlay need to be changed in 2033, houses built in 1989 so we are stretching it out to the absolute maximum! We budget $30,000 per year for leak repairs. Anyone had experience of convincing owners to pull the date forward, with a Special Assessment and some financing options. If we wait until 2033 and increase the reserve contributions by 10% annually until 2033, then we will have little to a small assessment.

The majority of the Board want to communicate/educate/hold an owner vote in 2027 to decide once and for all.

Any thoughts or feedback?

🎯 You've read this entire discussion

Join the conversation with 50,000 HOA & Condo Leaders:

  • ✓ Ask follow-up questions
  • ✓ Share your experience
  • ✓ Get expert advice
  • ✓ Access 350,000 discussions
Create Free Account →

⚡ Takes 30 seconds

Already a member? Log in here